Monday, October 06, 2014

what keeps me up at night

1 comments
 
Everything seem to be changing at lightning speed these days.

And because of circumstances beyond my control, I’ve been in a position to witness these changes from a way different perspective than most.

I became ill. Then I lost my job. My daughter was spending the summer at her dad’s, and I was alone. Either I was really depressed or I was on a weird high, wrecking whatever fragile stability I had left. And during all of this, Mr. Sandman “unfriended” me.

My mind races thinking about the future. Is Cleveland right for me and my daughter? Will I find a job? How will I pay my bills? Why oh why did I make that bad choice three years ago? Why did I do that stupid thing last week? And why is it so hot in here?

In the middle of the night, I’m thinking about things that - with all of my spare time - plague me throughout the day. But as I lie in bed, I hear my daughter snoring and my dog shuffling, and I know I’m safe and sound.

1 comment :

Lana said...

I am not sure how old this post. But I hope things are looking up. Gentle hugs.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff