Tuesday, September 26, 2006

100 days to live

0 comments
 

I finally got to reading my October issue of Pink Magazine. And in it was an article titled "dying to live - what would you do if you had 100 days to live?"

Interesting. So what would I do?

Three years ago, just a month before I would become mom2amara, my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The doctors told us a brain tumor gave my mom eight months to live. I was devastated. The entire family was.

I am fortunate to say that my mom is still with us. The doctors' prognosis was wrong.

For the first few months, I felt very close to my mom. I didn't want to miss a moment with her.



But as the days, months and now years went on, I guess I've gotten back into my "normal" life -- calling my mom maybe once a week. Am I taking for granted the days I have with my mom? I can honestly say yes. But I can also say that I make a conscious effort to change that...albeit I do fail in most of my attempts.

But what would I do if I found out I had 100 days to live? I would probably fly with Amara out to Honolulu to see my younger sister. Then I'd have my dear hubby meet up with us on the east coast...probably somewhere on the Jersey Shore. And I would enjoy the simplicity of life on the ocean as mom2amara. I don't think anything could top that.

No comments :

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff