Wednesday, September 27, 2006

mompreneurs

1 comments
 

It's no secret to most people who know me that I would love to own my own business. I think the venture would be the best challenge for an anal retentive, easily bored, yet always exciteable person like me.

So this past weekend, I attended a birthday party for a kindergartener. Her family hired a party planner. OMG can I say that this is my dream job? The party planner says she's booked for the entire year. She's turning clients away.

Is it wrong of me to want to do her job?

I took a look at this party I was at. I am not trying to toot my own horn but I love throwing parties. I was born to entertain guests. The littlest details are never overlooked. I love deciding themes. I love decorating. The whole caboodle excites me.

So I have to ask -- not only is it wrong for me to want to do her job, but is it wrong for me to want to start up my own business? Isn't that what competitive business is all about?

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'll go in with you on this one... you can do the party and I will do the invites and decorations and plan the activities and you can deal with the parents and the kids and the food! How about it cousin!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff