Sunday, February 11, 2007

just call me Martha Stewart...not

2 comments
 

I really thought I would skip this week's CHBM prompt when I read
Nifty Valentine ideas to make with kids
Um, yeah, you may have not noticed the trend, but I tend to pay people when I need something creative done. I mean, when at the beginning of the school year Amara's teacher asked for every parent to decorate a popsicle stick in the likeness of their child, I enlisted the help of my cousin.

But then I remembered back to when Amara was only 8 months old.

We were tight on cash and Dad2Amara and I agreed we wouldn't exchange gifts for Valentine's Day. But I couldn't let the holiday slip away unnoticed. So this is what I came up with. I think total cost was under $10 -- just need a frame, cardstock and paint (since I'm seriously not crafty and don't have supplies in my home!).

Dad2Amara loved his gift. It still hangs in his office. You can see the wrinkles in the paper where infant Amara tried to make a handprint. It's precious.

This year, with Great-grandma2Amara's funeral on Valentine's Day, we've again agreed not to exchange gifts. But I think this gift proves that no present is really needed on this holiday since the day always means so much more.

So with that, I hope you and yours have a warm, loving Valentine's Day!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Boooo to Mom2Amara!!! Don't worry Bean, Aunt Katie and Aunt Sunshine will get you some art supplies so you can draw all over your mom's germ-free walls and hardwood floors! :)

taawd said...

That is one of the cutest things I've seen in a while. Brought a smile to my face!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff